The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Good Books For Beginners

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Two Good Books For Beginners Empty
PostSubject: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:58 am

I highly recommend The Ocean of Theosophy by William Quan Judge and The Key to Theosophy by H P Blavatsky. These two books will give the beginner and anyone interested in Theosophy a background of beliefs and cover a wide range of topics. I shall give a bit of a side note regarding the end of the world or 2012. In a paper given to me by my mentor L D , William Quan Judge predicted New York City will be under water in the year 2040.
Back to top Go down
Skull

PostSubject: Re: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Another good one is To Light a Thousand Lamps by Grace Knoche: http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/gfk-lamp/lamps-hp.htm

The book can also be ordered from this same site.

Last edited by Skull on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:49 am

yes it is a lovely book. i was greatly saddened at her passing.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:58 am

here is a pdf to download for one's who can not afford the book. http://theosophytrust.org/Online_Books/The_Key_to_Theosophy_V1.5.pdf
Back to top Go down
Skull

PostSubject: Re: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:03 am

Here is an online version of Judge's Ocean of Theosophy:

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/ocean/oce-hp.htm
Back to top Go down
grim789

PostSubject: Re: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:49 pm

I will have to check those out thank you for the pdf. I just found out about your site here so i thought i would join up Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:04 pm

Welcome aboard.Can you please go give a proper introduction in the introductions part.
Back to top Go down
grim789

PostSubject: Re: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Yes i will go ahead and do that Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Good Books For Beginners   Two Good Books For Beginners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Good Books For Beginners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path of Light  :: Topics in Theosophy :: The Path :: Books And Authors Relating To Theosophy-
Jump to: