The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello everyone!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
poindexter

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:33 am

I've been studying Theosophy for about five years.

I saw something in the list of classes that interested me: "You will learn to awaken innate psychic abilities and to learn to listen to the Divine within!"

I had some psychic experiences when I was younger. My Irish grandfather taught me to read palms when I was eleven years old. I did some tarot card readings in college for friends, who seemed to get something out of them.

I had some out-of-body experiences in high school. I didn't know what was happening to me. I thought I was dying. They still occur a couple times a year, usually during naps. I'm more receptive now, but they don't often go farther than hearing loud rushing noises in my ears and having the feeling of sinking down below the surface of my bed.

I've kept a dream journal for many years and once in a while a precognitive dream shows up. The weirdest one occurred last year when I was in Switzerland. I dreamt that my downstairs neighbor committed suicide. When I got back to the States, I found out that she really did so, about two days after I had the dream. That was really spooky.

I read a book by Blavatsky called Practical Occultism. I couldn't tell whether she was saying we should or should not develop psychic abilities. That's why I'm so interested in your classes. But I suppose they happen locally, probably nowhere near where I live, in Boston?

I'm a classical musician, by the way, and sometimes hear the most wonderful music in those naps I mentioned. I sure wish I could capture it on paper!
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:59 am

the classes are right here on the forum, they are in a school hidden here. if you go to suggestions you will see what i offer so far, and hope to offer more later. i have been a theosophist and in fellowship for over twenty years and have just put this forum up. the school should be ready in a bout a week or so. the only thing you will need is a book pertaining to each course i have created. in the meantime welcome and if you have any questions please ask.
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:22 am

Welcome poindexter,
enjoy your stay here.If you need anything be sure to let one of us know.We will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Back to top Go down
poindexter

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:29 am

Thanks, Bella.

So it's an online class? I wonder how that works. I've never done anything like that before.

I guess it's The Secret Doctrine Class I'm interested in. I do have a copy of the book and read it last year. It's pretty overwhelming.

Thanks to you, too, Tara, for making me feel welcome.
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:41 am

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask and we will answer to the best of our ability. Cool And again, welcome.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:00 am

poindexter wrote:
Thanks, Bella.

So it's an online class? I wonder how that works. I've never done anything like that before.

I guess it's The Secret Doctrine Class I'm interested in. I do have a copy of the book and read it last year. It's pretty overwhelming.

Thanks to you, too, Tara, for making me feel welcome.

Once i bring the last course over. Frater S A will set up a school folder and you will have access to the class. just give me another week.
Back to top Go down
poindexter

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:29 am

Sorry, I got mixed up. I thought that Tara was using the dragon image. I can't read the name of the person who has the dragon image on my screen. All I see is a blue strip where the name should be. The letters aren't coming through clearly. Maybe someone can tell me who that is so I can greet her properly?
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:31 am

the username of the lady who has the dragon on her signature picture is, QueenBeeBeeMarie. The Global Moderator's names are in BLUE.
Back to top Go down
poindexter

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:44 am

Thanks, Tara. I didn't want to assume her name was Dragonlady. lol!

Hi QueenBeeMarie!
Back to top Go down
poindexter

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:47 am

Thanks, Bella, I will check back about the classes.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:24 pm

please do. we should be ready by next week. i had at first thought next year but we are moving faster than i thought.
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Greetings and Welcome to the board. Céad Míle Fáilte!
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing and reading your post and what you have to contribute

We are going to have a school here and you are welcome to join
Back to top Go down
Skull

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:59 pm

poindexter wrote:
I've been studying Theosophy for about five years.

I saw something in the list of classes that interested me: "You will learn to awaken innate psychic abilities and to learn to listen to the Divine within!"

I had some psychic experiences when I was younger. My Irish grandfather taught me to read palms when I was eleven years old. I did some tarot card readings in college for friends, who seemed to get something out of them.

I had some out-of-body experiences in high school. I didn't know what was happening to me. I thought I was dying. They still occur a couple times a year, usually during naps. I'm more receptive now, but they don't often go farther than hearing loud rushing noises in my ears and having the feeling of sinking down below the surface of my bed.

I've kept a dream journal for many years and once in a while a precognitive dream shows up. The weirdest one occurred last year when I was in Switzerland. I dreamt that my downstairs neighbor committed suicide. When I got back to the States, I found out that she really did so, about two days after I had the dream. That was really spooky.

I read a book by Blavatsky called Practical Occultism. I couldn't tell whether she was saying we should or should not develop psychic abilities. That's why I'm so interested in your classes. But I suppose they happen locally, probably nowhere near where I live, in Boston?

I'm a classical musician, by the way, and sometimes hear the most wonderful music in those naps I mentioned. I sure wish I could capture it on paper!

HiHo Poindexter and welcome to this board.
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:25 pm

poindexter wrote:
Thanks, Tara. I didn't want to assume her name was Dragonlady. lol!

Hi QueenBeeMarie!

LOL it's okay.Hello there and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
poindexter

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Yikes, Mr. Skull. Is that a picture of you? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Skull

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:34 pm

poindexter wrote:
Yikes, Mr. Skull. Is that a picture of you? Neutral

Nope, that is my Master, the bodhisattva Ven. Hsuan Hua, who left his "stinking skin-bag" in 1995.

Here is a little about this man of vast compassion, wisdom & power: http://www.advite.com/sf/index.html
Back to top Go down
poindexter

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Sorry, Mr. Skull. I meant no disrespect. I just experienced a kind of shock when I saw that picture. Your Master is so fully present in it.

I've had that experience a couple times before with pictures of gurus, as if the camera captured not only the image, but also some kind of spiritual force. Whoa, that is definitely the face of someone who doesn't tolerate nonsense!

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Skull

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:01 pm

poindexter wrote:
Sorry, Mr. Skull. I meant no disrespect. I just experienced a kind of shock when I saw that picture. Your Master is so fully present in it.

I've had that experience a couple times before with pictures of gurus, as if the camera captured not only the image, but also some kind of spiritual force. Whoa, that is definitely the face of someone who doesn't tolerate nonsense!

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out.

The catching of "spiritual force" by photos is the main reason that so many so-called primitive peoples avoid the camera. Even if they are not powerhouses of goodness like Master Hua, they still feel they are losing their vitality via the camera. Conversely, photos of great Masters, living or dead, provide a real link to their presence. Thus the pictures are often worshipped as the Master in miniature.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 am

yes like the hand of Maitreya
Back to top Go down
poindexter

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:02 am

Bella, I don't know what you're referring to. Maitreya? scratch
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:58 am

i put a thread up about him and the video of his hand. he is a master and it is said he will come to put the world back to rights. he was living in london in secret for a while, one of my mentors sent me information about him and a picture of his hand. he is slowly showing himself more and more.
one thing a master nor a Bodhisattva, nor a Buddha wants to be worshipped. they are not here for that, they are here to guide and to help, and worshipping them is akin to people who worship idols and such, that is not what theosophy is about.
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 am

Hello and welcome to the forum
look forward to seeing and reading your posts and threads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path of Light  :: Introductions and Rules :: Introductions and Farewells-
Jump to: