The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how many breaths are left to us?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snowman
snowman

Location : globe D, 4th round, speck of dust in cosmic sand, upper midwest

how many breaths are left to us? Empty
PostSubject: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 am

Wherever I go there are books (in the trunk, on the dash, in my bag). Everywhere I go, every day, with every breath left I encounter teachers, even in the child's smile and the market aisle.

Last edited by snowman on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skull

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:30 am

Welcome snowman; tell us about your avatar. It looks like the letter Y with fire & animals and gad knows what going on around it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:31 pm

the only true teachers are the masters and those that have passed on and are teaching in the astral. we are only the channels in which they teach through. hello and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Welcome to the forum, snowman. if you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
snowman
snowman

PostSubject: thanks for the welcomes   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Thank you all

Bella says - "the only true teachers are the masters and those that have passed on and are teaching in the astral. we are only the channels"

I can agree with this, except for possibly the "passed on" part, as the occult teaching seems to be that Everything is formed first on what we can call the "Astral Light", or what Paracelsus, the great Theosopher, I think would have called "Siderial Light". It seems we are led by our inner Master, our Manasaputra within, apparently through the medium of this "Light", the Manasaputra that is an individual's very own higher nature and that is our guide, our Initiator, as a parent is to a child.

Manasaputra Defined by Purucker at link below

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/ocglos/og-m.htm#manasaputras
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Greetings!
Back to top Go down
snowman
snowman

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Skull,

This is taken from Guthrie's Pythagorean Sourcebook page 158 depicting the two paths not unsimilar in symbolism to The Path by Machell - link below to the TUP reproduction of the original painting of The Path. The text on page 158 of Guthrie's book reads "The Pythagoric Letter two ways spread, Shows the two paths in which Man's life led. The right hand track to sacred Virtue tends, Though steep and rough at first, in rest it ends; The other broad and smooth, but from it's Crown On rocks the traveler is tumbled down. He who to Virtue by harsh toils aspires, Subduing pains, worth and renown acquires: But who seeks slothful luxury, and flies, The labor of great acts, dishonor'd dies."

I had a hard time selecting an "Avatar" - so I finally just used this. The Path is not tread lightly, or so it seems.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/ts/pathpic.htm
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Skull

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:24 pm

snowman wrote:
Skull,

This is taken from Guthrie's Pythagorean Sourcebook page 158 depicting the two paths not unsimilar in symbolism to The Path by Machell - link below to the TUP reproduction of the original painting of The Path. The text on page 158 of Guthrie's book reads "The Pythagoric Letter two ways spread, Shows the two paths in which Man's life led. The right hand track to sacred Virtue tends, Though steep and rough at first, in rest it ends; The other broad and smooth, but from it's Crown On rocks the traveler is tumbled down. He who to Virtue by harsh toils aspires, Subduing pains, worth and renown acquires: But who seeks slothful luxury, and flies, The labor of great acts, dishonor'd dies."

I had a hard time selecting an "Avatar" - so I finally just used this. The Path is not tread lightly, or so it seems.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/ts/pathpic.htm

Since I happen to have that very book and the diagram is bigger, I have been studying it. The right-hand branch is covered with long thorns and is guarded by three vicious animals. With the sword of discrimination the aspirant climbs. The goal is that of a Sage who is pointing - at what I am not sure. The left-hand branch is easy to ascend, it has steps carved into it, along with a bannister to hold on to. The goal is all sorts of delights for the sensual man. Yet that does not last long, for the poor aspirant falls into a fiery pit.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:04 pm

snowman wrote:
Thank you all

Bella says - "the only true teachers are the masters and those that have passed on and are teaching in the astral. we are only the channels"

I can agree with this, except for possibly the "passed on" part, as the occult teaching seems to be that Everything is formed first on what we can call the "Astral Light", or what Paracelsus, the great Theosopher, I think would have called "Siderial Light". It seems we are led by our inner Master, our Manasaputra within, apparently through the medium of this "Light", the Manasaputra that is an individual's very own higher nature and that is our guide, our Initiator, as a parent is to a child.

Manasaputra Defined by Purucker at link below

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/ocglos/og-m.htm#manasaputras

i believe i have been saying this about the astral light and to get to the astral light one must develop their psychic powers, oh yes anyone can astral travel but one needs to open all the doors and that starts with the third eye. manasputra is us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how many breaths are left to us?   how many breaths are left to us? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how many breaths are left to us?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path of Light  :: Introductions and Rules :: Introductions and Farewells-
Jump to: