The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soulless Beings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:51 am

From the Occult Glossery. I also put this at BTG.

Soulless Beings

"We elbow soulless men in the streets at every turn," wrote H. P. Blavatsky. This is an actual fact. The statement does not mean that those whom we thus elbow have no soul. The significance is that the spiritual part of these human beings is sleeping, not awake. They are animate humans with an animate working brain-mind, an animal mind, but otherwise "soulless" in the sense that the soul is inactive, sleeping; and this is also just what Pythagoras meant when he spoke of the "living dead." They are everywhere, these people. We elbow them, just as H. P. Blavatsky says, at every turn. The eyes may be physically bright, and filled with the vital physical fire, but they lack soul; they lack tenderness, the fervid yet gentle warmth of the living flame of inspiration within. Sometimes impersonal love will awaken the soul in a man or in a woman; sometimes it will kill it if the love become selfish and gross. The streets are filled with such "soulless" people; but the phrase soulless people does not mean "lost souls." The latter is again something else. The term soulless people therefore is a technical term. It means men and women who are still connected, but usually quite unconsciously, with the monad, the spiritual essence within them, but who are not self-consciously so connected. They live very largely in the brain-mind and in the fields of sensuous consciousness. They turn with pleasure to the frivolities of life. They have the ordinary feelings of honor, etc., because it is conventional and good breeding so to have them; but the deep inner fire of yearning, the living warmth that comes from being more or less at one with the god within, they know not. Hence, they are "soulless," because the soul is not working with fiery energy in and through them.

A lost soul, on the other hand, means an entity who through various rebirths, it may be a dozen, or more or less, has been slowly following the "easy descent to Avernus," and in whom the threads of communication with the spirit within have been snapped one after the other. Vice will do this, continuous vice. Hate snaps these spiritual threads more quickly than anything else perhaps. Selfishness, the parent of hate, is the root of all human evil; and therefore a lost soul is one who is not merely soulless in the ordinary theosophical usage of the word, but is one who has lost the last link, the last delicate thread of consciousness, connecting him with his inner god. He will continue "the easy descent," passing from human birth to an inferior human birth, and then to one still more inferior, until finally the degenerate astral monad -- all that remains of the human being that once was -- may even enter the body of some beast to which it feels attracted (and this is one side of the teaching of transmigration, which has been so badly misunderstood in the Occident); some finally go even to plants perhaps, at the last, and will ultimately vanish. The astral monad will then have faded out. Such lost souls are exceedingly rare, fortunately; but they are not what we call soulless people.

If the student will remember the fact that when a human being is filled with the living spiritual and intellectual fiery energies flowing into his brain-mind from his inner god, he is then an insouled being, he will readily understand that when these fiery energies can no longer reach the brain-mind and manifest in a man's life, there is thus produced what is called a soulless being. A good man, honorable, loyal, compassionate, aspiring, gentle, and true-hearted, and a student of wisdom, is an "insouled" man; a buddha is one who is fully, completely insouled; and there are all the intermediate grades between.

Last edited by Emma on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:07 am

Sis, i read this with great interest. thank you for taking the time to post it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Thank you. Tara you of all people recognize this subject, as you have been bothered numerous times. they are sad in a way, when you think of the path they are on.
Back to top Go down

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:17 pm

It is but,every time I was told I was meant to help someone.I just failed and got hurt in the end.I would never want to see anyone become a plant and then vanish but,what can you do.I tried so many times and gave it everything I had and still failed..
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:30 pm

i know honey, but it is part of the laws of nature and the scheme of things. we can not change, but we can learn.
Back to top Go down

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:33 am

I saw this on esoteicmagick forum and it was the most eye-opening information I have seen on this issue. I've been thinking about such people(both Souless and Lost Souls) for many years and the fact that for so long one was led to believe it is the other way around with these two(to a degree anyway). But it makes sense that one will loose more of their essense and will be reduced to something much less, climbing down the letter almost.
As for Souless beings, well that was a real frisbee to the head for me...Everytime I heard people reply to me when I asked if they ever wondered about their purpose they just said no. Or when I talked about magick they told me they have no desire to know or learn of it, I did not understand them as much as they did not understand me, now it makes more sense
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:27 am

i don't put too much about theosophy at esoteric magick. here is where i feel more at home, and not so overwhelmed by many members and numerous threads on this and that occult subject. this is my safe haven as teaching and running the forums tire me out and i can re charge here.
Back to top Go down

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:46 am

Good choice Emma Wink I think fhis is a great learning environment: Only informative threads, no useless information and no distractions. This forum makes it easier to focus.
Back to top Go down

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 am

I cannot even imagine how draining it can be to run so many forums and a lot of us(me especially) are so terrible at diviating from one topic to another. Thank you for including me in this forum
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:17 am

i am glad you are here. i think it will be good for you to come here also when it gets too much, and if ir gets to crazy go to Maitreya's hand and put your hand over it and you will feel at peace, and this is no new age BS. lol.
Back to top Go down
Isil

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Rare someone can blast the LHP and maintain the thread. Not recommended to most, but I see more and more people walking it with no real idea of the consequences. Eye to the ground and that is what will lead them to damnation, without the insight to even integrate the experience into their psyche. At that point evolution stops and they are but fodder for other dark beings.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 7:17 am

Congress and the Senate of full of soulless beings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soulless Beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soulless Beings   Soulless Beings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soulless Beings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path of Light  :: Topics in Theosophy :: The Keeping Room-
Jump to: