The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Lotus Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:31 am

Madame Blavatsky died May 8, 1891 and it is called White Lotus Day. In her will, HPB suggested that her friends might gather together on the anniversary of her passing (May 8, 1891) and read from Sir Edwin Arnold's The Light of Asia and from The Bhagavad-Gita. Lotuses grew in unusual profusion one year later. Hence, May 8th became known as White Lotus Day.

Sir Edwin Arnold's The Light of Asia

Ye are not bound! the Soul of Things is sweet,

The Heart of Being is celestial rest; Stronger than woe is will: that which was Good

Doth pass to Better -- Best.

I, Buddh, who wept with all my brothers' tears,

Whose heart was broken by a whole world's woe, Laugh and am glad, for there is Liberty!

Ho! ye who suffer! know

Ye suffer from yourselves. None else compels,

None other holds you that ye live and die, And whirl upon the wheel, and hug and kiss

Its spokes of agony,

Its tire of tears, its nave of nothingness.

Behold, I show you Truth! Lower than hell, Higher than heaven, outside the utmost stars,

Farther than Brahm doth dwell,

Before beginning, and without an end,

As space eternal and as surety sure, Is fixed a Power divine which moves to good,

Only its laws endure.

Krishna from The Bhagavad-Gita

I produce myself among creatures, O son of Bharata, whenever there is a decline of virtue and an insurecction of vice and injustice in the world; and thus I incarnate from age to age for the preservation of the just, the destruction of the wicked, and the establishment of righteousness.

White Lotus Day Blavat10

Last edited by Emma on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 am

I have not missed a year since I found Theosophy. It is a day of remembrance and to thank HPB for all she contributed.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:09 am

i myself have not missed a year since 1992. my teacher was kind enough to give me a special edition of the magazine Sunrise which was devoted to Madame Blavatsky, i cherish it and read it every May 8th. Sadly the magazine is no longer so i was lucky to be given it as a gift.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:48 am

for theosophy or all occult books?
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:38 am

if you have a book in mind you can try amazon or alibris, but i get my theosophy books from Pasadena but here is an on line place for occult books. http://www.anathemabooks.com/
Back to top Go down

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 am

How beautiful is that "Light of Asia".....really moving.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:31 pm

it is very moving, and when you light white candles and say it on the anniversary of her death it is a mystical experience.
Back to top Go down

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 am

i cannot wait for the 8th of may, it's going to be such an amazing day. i think maybe the pain of surviving march will be well and truly forgotten come may..
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:59 am

the day before i will need to know what time you are going to sleep so i can bring you with me.
Back to top Go down

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:00 am

no problem i will make sure to let you know. and again, thank you so much for this, i still can't believe how lucky i am
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:12 am

i will also let you know what to expect and what the realm will look like.
Back to top Go down

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:16 am

thank you so much, i live for such experiences
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:59 am

you are welcome.
Back to top Go down
monoceros
monoceros

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:04 am

interesting... Smile now that 8th of May is near, do u have any plan for the white lotus day?
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:20 am

monoceros wrote:
interesting... Smile now that 8th of May is near, do u have any plan for the white lotus day?
Yes I do. Very simple but to celebrate the day of Madame's passing. I hope to see Madame in the Halls of learning.
Back to top Go down
passingcloud
Teacher
Teacher
passingcloud

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:32 am

happy white lotus day! Smile
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:10 am

I sat quietly and lit a white candle, and said the words Madame wanted every one to read. I could feel her presence and I felt such peace and love.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Lotus Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lotus Day   White Lotus Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Lotus Day
Page 1 of 1