The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brothers Of The Shadow

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Brothers Of The Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 2:39 pm

from Dr. Purucker

Brother(s) of the Shadow

A term given in occultism and especially in modern esotericism to individuals, whether men or women, who follow the path of the shadows, the left-hand path. The term "shadow" is a technical expression and signifies more than appears on the surface: i.e., the expression is not to be understood of individuals who live in actual physical obscurity or actual physical shadows, which literalism would be simply absurd; but applies to those who follow the path of matter, which from time immemorial in the esoteric schools in both Orient and Occident has frequently been called shadow or shadows. The term originally arose, without doubt, in the philosophical conception of the word maya, for in early Oriental esotericism maya, and more especially maha-maya, was a term applied in one of its many philosophical meanings to that which was contrary to and, indeed, in one sense a reflection of, light. Just as spirit may be considered to be pure energy, and matter, although essentially crystallized spirit, may be looked upon as the shadow world or vehicular world in which the energy or spirit or pure light works, just so is maya, as the garment or expression or sakti of the divine energy, the vehicle or shadow of the divine side of nature, in other words its negative or nether pole, as light is the upper or positive pole.

The Brothers of the Shadow are therefore those who, being essentially of the nature of matter, instinctively choose and follow the path along which they are most strongly drawn, that is, the path of matter or of the shadows. When it is recollected that matter is but a generalizing term, and that what this term comprises actually includes an almost infinite number of degrees of increasing ethereality from the grossest physical substance, or absolute matter, up to the most ethereal or spiritualized substance, we immediately see the subtle logic of this technical term — shadows or, more fully, the Path of the Shadows, hence the Brothers of the Shadow.

They are the so-called black magicians of the Occident, and stand in sharp and notable contrast with the white magicians or the Sons of Light who follow the pathway of self-renunciation, self-sacrifice, self-conquest, perfect self-control, and an expansion of the heart and mind and consciousness in love and service for all that lives. (See also Right-hand Path)

The existence and aims of the Brothers of the Shadow are essentially selfish. It is commonly, but erroneously, supposed that the Brothers of the Shadow are men and women always of unpleasant or displeasing personal appearance, and no greater error than this could possibly be made. Multitudes of human beings are unconsciously treading the path of the shadows and, in comparison with these multitudes, it is relatively only a few who self-consciously lead and guide with subtle and nefast intelligence this army of unsuspecting victims of maya. The Brothers of the Shadow are often highly intellectual men and women, frequently individuals with apparent great personal charm, and to the ordinary observer, judging from their conversation and daily works, are fully as well able to "quote scripture" as are the Angels of Light!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:07 am

wow, well this is timely. i contemplated this for a very long time on a very personal level. i never really cared much for demonologies and black magick, whenever i did dable a little i always managed to do so with ease and generate some epic energies, but that's the thing with lhp, the results are always easily gained, like a short cut. i also have a lot of anger and agression in me but something always stopped me from resorting to curses and hexes and such, i do not know what it is but it is not guilt or fear, maybe it's a karma thing. but then when i think of RHP, i think that maybe i will fail because i am rather selfish and not a big fan of self-sacrifice. i do not wish to burn myself with hate either and it's been so frustrating as sometimes in certain situations i wouldn't mind using black magick but i never manage to go through with it. i wish there was a happy medium. i have so much more to figure out. thank you so much, this has helped me immensly
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 am

the RHP is over rated in that no one unless they are a master or a buddha can be perfect, even the ones that become a master sometimes choose to go to nirvana and not help man kind, does that make them selfish or LHP to some maybe but a theosophist does not think so. a LHP gets a quick fix but they will have to keep coming back for many life times and that is a punishment for wanting so much so fast. most people are MP as that they want to help but they also want what is best for them and their family. my god an alchemist is considered left hand path, what an oxymoron.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:13 am

that is an oxymoron and a half, but the universe has a funny sense of humor sometimes. i know i do not wish to repeat coming back to earth over and over. this lifetime i was fed up enough, i cannot imagine doing it again, i cannot stand being around people. not because i hate them, but because they disappoint me and i wish they could see and understand there is so much more out there and i try to inspire them and show them, they get inspired for a day or two and then drop everything and move on to something materialistic. it's sad, but i am so used to it by now.
and thank you so much for clarifying that for me. it gets a little too confusing sometimes
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:47 am

Guest wrote:
that is an oxymoron and a half, but the universe has a funny sense of humor sometimes. i know i do not wish to repeat coming back to earth over and over. this lifetime i was fed up enough, i cannot imagine doing it again, i cannot stand being around people. not because i hate them, but because they disappoint me and i wish they could see and understand there is so much more out there and i try to inspire them and show them, they get inspired for a day or two and then drop everything and move on to something materialistic. it's sad, but i am so used to it by now.
and thank you so much for clarifying that for me. it gets a little too confusing sometimes
Theosophy can be as confusing as a puzzle missing a piece and as enlightening as a ray from the Heavens.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:51 pm

how do you catch a part aside from it's wav. then time gets all ooxly sloozy wishey washy
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am

crowleywillcrawl wrote:
how do you catch a part aside from it's wav. then time gets all ooxly sloozy wishey washy
patience tolerance and keeping a balance and keeping it true.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:40 pm

thank you, I'll try that on for size.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:26 pm

crowleywillcrawl wrote:
thank you, I'll try that on for size.
Let me know how it works out.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 pm

it's working very well, getting pretty self mastered, and in control of the elements within and in the world of solids. soon we go back to one plane, closer to the projection of the scource, simple and powerful able to fit in many more dorrs, fit many locks and realize our infinite original nature, as less restriction is given to the soul within the body, till freedom.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

crowleywillcrawl wrote:
it's working very well, getting pretty self mastered, and in control of the elements within and in the world of solids. soon we go back to one plane, closer to the projection of the scource, simple and powerful able to fit in many more dorrs, fit many locks and realize our infinite original nature, as less restriction is given to the soul within the body, till freedom.
Honey you do not want to be on one plane it is there that your mind goes.

Last edited by Emma on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:49 am

yeah, I'm trying to understand why I'm so in tune with the shadow realm, my etheric double is coming more and more alive, sometimes weird keeping it in check, and is more and more capable of acting on the material enviroment alot of times when im not even consious of it. but emma it is amazing the magick that these apparently "evil", demonic entities are teaching, throwing me into, and the secrets of the mind they are growing in me. hopefully I'll have some clarity and peace on the issue soon. I am in it, it is not in me, that for sure, I know.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 am

Only you can let them in but do not let them take over. We have all been Brothers of the Shadows in our life. As selfless as I try to be I do slip up from time to time. It is just part of the journey we choose.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:57 am

yes, I evoke them. little armies of them, they showed me how to create paradox, and sorta morph the "reality" of this world, finally was able to shift a material object on this plane, and get it to stick, amazing what consiousness led by these beings, in tune with them allows. I was so amazed when this occured, knew I was onto something big, connecting to an ancient past when these beings were more prevelant, or they were evoked into this world much more often and collectively.
to transmute the object from it's spacial location to another from outside it's local system, elongate it and get it to stick, not revert back to it's charted space in the matrix, friggen powerful magick.
that parisitic one, little beast that I dealt with that i told you about, even it could not mess with me, I turned it's behaviour away from feeding on me, I seem to have this ability towards the dark arts that is very powerful, sadly it weighs on me, but I'm holding it all together, feel in a much better place internally, and my status in my world then I did the last couple months.
my shadow split on me awhile back and I was openly communicating with it through hand gestures and body language, and just thought as well, I convinced it to reunite with the scource shadow of me, this is getting deep Emma, glad I have someone i can talk and keep it for reals with, in you.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm

crowleywillcrawl wrote:
yes, I evoke them. little armies of them, they showed me how to create paradox, and sorta morph the "reality" of this world, finally was able to shift a material object on this plane, and get it to stick, amazing what consiousness led by these beings, in tune with them allows. I was so amazed when this occured, knew I was onto something big, connecting to an ancient past when these beings were more prevelant, or they were evoked into this world much more often and collectively.
to transmute the object from it's spacial location to another from outside it's local system, elongate it and get it to stick, not revert back to it's charted space in the matrix, friggen powerful magick.
that parisitic one, little beast that I dealt with that i told you about, even it could not mess with me, I turned it's behaviour away from feeding on me, I seem to have this ability towards the dark arts that is very powerful, sadly it weighs on me, but I'm holding it all together, feel in a much better place internally, and my status in my world then I did the last couple months.
my shadow split on me awhile back and I was openly communicating with it through hand gestures and body language, and just thought as well, I convinced it to reunite with the scource shadow of me, this is getting deep Emma, glad I have someone i can talk and keep it for reals with, in you.
I hear you man.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 pm

I believe all manner of magick, acting upon every force of the universe, weighing upon, and lightning one's will. Such is the way of a magus.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Not necessarily. It is all hypothetical and magic can be contained to the point nothing works anymore. One needs to let go the old adage of light and dark and see within what it right and what is not.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:12 pm

I just mean every angle cast by the hands of space and time should be felt so one can work between the lines, so that all aspects of the magick of the universe can express themselves at every given chance, intuned to your soul and fate and the rotation of those hands..
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:24 am

crowleywillcrawl wrote:
I just mean every angle cast by the hands of space and time should be felt so one can work between the lines, so that all aspects of the magick of the universe can express themselves at every given chance, intuned to your soul and fate and the rotation of those hands..
It's a good plan.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:44 pm

what is a cure, what is a curse. what heals, what hurts. what hexes, what heals. One may not be the same in a different situation, every point of experience tells it's own tale, and even as the fiber of the akashic is knit together what was once right may appear as wrong from another entities perception, and realization. What's most important is that we have more enlightened answers to the quistions of what is right or what is wrong, what is the correct action to take in any given opportunity of motion.. To develop these concepts, to see them as a god should see them.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Yes but you will not be a God till you kill out the dark part.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:39 pm

is it possible to receive enlightnment from the good and the evil, or does a house divided never stand? what if the demons already declared you their king, made you their centra, if one is already more powerful then god. is 3:1 and the 1:3 not the key to the whole circle. Or perhaps I am off track, these riddles only deceive me, but I learn from lie and the light, is not I of you, and you of me. the darkness in the light, and the light of the darkness?

"I'd give you everything I got for a little peace of mind"
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:55 pm

crowleywillcrawl wrote:
is it possible to receive enlightnment from the good and the evil, or does a house divided never stand? what if the demons already declared you their king, made you their centra, if one is already more powerful then god. is 3:1 and the 1:3 not the key to the whole circle. Or perhaps I am off track, these riddles only deceive me, but I learn from lie and the light, is not I of you, and you of me. the darkness in the light, and the light of the darkness?

"I'd give you everything I got for a little peace of mind"
Demons are like a drug, they are good for the quick fix but burn out when there is not enough to take. You have a strong light force and if you would embrace it you would see how far you can go.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:06 pm

yeah, I was in a strange sort of mood yesterday. Sometimes I enjoy the quick fix, but in the end I know what you mean. I've taking in so much energy from them over the years, need to do some energy cleansing or whatnot. I had this dream awhile back, I was in this valley, and it was completly dark, and I lifted up my left arm and this red gem inside of it started to glow (and I recogized the tint and kind of energy, the red shimmering electric of the demons realm, I've tapped into directly i the material world on a few occasions) and it shimmered and lit up the valley, and I was surrounded by demons of many different sorts, it was amazing, and they started cheering and it appeared to me they were showing respect or paying homage to me, I was accompanied the next few days by many visions, and I hadnt used for along time when this was occuring, I learned alot of their secrets, still am. Thoth the keeper of the valley of the pryamids, the great gate in Atlantis, his sign is amazing. the crown is inside the knowledge of it, in daat.
As always I appreciate your input Emma, always helps.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:20 am

I too have too much energy, have to release and cleanse the body from time to time. Lately my dreams are merging with reality and that has been confusing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brothers Of The Shadow   Brothers Of The Shadow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brothers Of The Shadow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path of Light  :: Topics in Theosophy :: Glossary-
Jump to: