The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ether*********

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Ether********* Empty
PostSubject: Ether*********   Ether********* Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Ether. Students are but too apt to confuse this with Akâsa and with

p116

Astral Light. It is neither, in the sense in which ether is described by physical Science. Ether is a material agent, though hitherto undetected by any physical apparatus; whereas Akâsa is a distinctly spiritual agent, identical, in one sense, with the Anima Mundi, while the Astral Light is only the seventh and highest principle of the terrestrial atmosphere, as undetectable as Akâsa and real Ether, because it is something quite on another plane. The seventh principle of the earth’s atmosphere, as said, the Astral Light, is only the second on the Cosmic scale. The scale of Cosmic Forces, Principles and Planes, of Emanations—on the metaphysical—and Evolutions—on the physical plane—is the Cosmic Serpent biting its own tail, the Serpent reflecting the Higher, and reflected in its turn by the lower Serpent. The Caduceus explains the mystery, and the four-fold Dodecahedron on the model of which the universe is said by Plato to have been built by the manifested Logos—synthesized by the unmanifested First-Born—yields geometrically the key to Cosmogony and its microcosmic reflection—our Earth.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

Ether********* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ether*********   Ether********* Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:50 pm

perhaps you could offer some clarity for me Emma. to me the aether when it appears to manifest on the material plane it is not so, it is a higher plane of energy, the subjective chaos (the four elements infinitly foreceful and chaotic so much that they achieve a balance) appearing in the material through a portal in the particle structure of the universe, and that to view it one must have a place in the mind opened up for a it to place a symbol as Crowley spoke about in the vision and the voice. the base of the snake in malkuth, and lol it just struck me how similiar it's motion is to that of a snake, and the caudacus, spiraling purple light parsing around the particles sorta like gaseous liquod smoke. g2g.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Ether********* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ether*********   Ether********* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:15 am

Astral is ethereal spiritual is liquid ether is matter it makes up every part of the universe, without it we would not be able to breathe live learn. There are many realms and of all these realms ether is the whole. This is theosophy and what goes here are secrets and teachings that are not in the books but can be read as parables and cyphers. Theosophy is not that easy to understand only because it is a life time process and what is on most occult forums is BS not in a good sense but there are few who even want to bother to learn and the one's that can;t or won't have a tendency to dismiss these teachings out of fear or ignorance or jealousy. I don't mean you I am talking about other people who see Theosophy as a threat a blasphemy dark magick which it is not. I have been a student with the best Theosophy teachers since 1993 and was lucky enough to be offered a fellowship but even though I teach it I am still a student myself and will always need the teachers I have been lucky enough to meet and study with.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

Ether********* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ether*********   Ether********* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:26 pm

i know you werent talking about me Smile
I never trusted 99% of the bs out there, and learned from my own experiences and work. Most don't want to know the truth, just what they want to be the truth and their skewed perception of it, and throw out anything that doesnt match their view. It always annoyed me. Your one of the few people in the occult who's oppinion i value and i know is backed up by experience. Oh emma, forget all those turkeys lol, we'll keep it real for them, and I really value the point of view.
yeah, i agree with what you said, I was mostly curious about the specific nature of the ether when it appears in the lower Asiyah (in kabbalistic terms). and yeah, it's seemingly liqued but yet airy nature, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Ether********* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ether*********   Ether********* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:16 am

crowleywillcrawl wrote:
i know you werent talking about me Smile
I never trusted 99% of the bs out there, and learned from my own experiences and work. Most don't want to know the truth, just what they want to be the truth and their skewed perception of it, and throw out anything that doesnt match their view. It always annoyed me. Your one of the few people in the occult who's oppinion i value and i know is backed up by experience. Oh emma, forget all those turkeys lol, we'll keep it real for them, and I really value the point of view.
yeah, i agree with what you said, I was mostly curious about the specific nature of the ether when it appears in the lower Asiyah (in kabbalistic terms). and yeah, it's seemingly liqued but yet airy nature, thanks.
You are one of the very few that actually understands and can definitely read between the lines. You have a great grasp of the universe, and what is wonderful about Theosophy is there is never a right or wrong answer, only what the person feels inside and what makes sense.
Back to top Go down
crowleywillcrawl

Ether********* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ether*********   Ether********* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 am

well what i realized (especially when studying crowleys work, and why so many have a hard time understanding and knowing from one idea to the next how to understand it), is that very few can know when to read between the lines, when a statment is a abstraction or metaphor, and when an idea is literal and their is no metaphor. I think you know what i mean. problem is very few are completely open to the infinite possibilities of the universe, and even less have experiences and ability to capatilize on the understanding, as to know how to take certain teachings, rether to treat it as scientific, poetic, symbolic, or a synthesis of them all.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Ether********* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ether*********   Ether********* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:48 am

crowleywillcrawl wrote:
well what i realized (especially when studying crowleys work, and why so many have a hard time understanding and knowing from one idea to the next how to understand it), is that very few can know when to read between the lines, when a statment is a abstraction or metaphor, and when an idea is literal and their is no metaphor. I think you know what i mean. problem is very few are completely open to the infinite possibilities of the universe, and even less have experiences and ability to capatilize on the understanding, as to know how to take certain teachings, rether to treat it as scientific, poetic, symbolic, or a synthesis of them all.
That's it in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ether********* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ether*********   Ether********* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ether*********
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path of Light  :: Topics in Theosophy :: Glossary-
Jump to: