The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meat Eating

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Meat Eating - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:35 pm

no you will not look stupid, ask these people who advocate it, "when was the last time you saw a dog or cat got to the liquor store or buy a pack of cigarettes. what they test on animals never works on humans, the drug in the fifties that was suppose to stop miscarriages, they tested on animals, but the babies were deformed without legs or arms and ended up dying. i never give to any charity that does research on animals, terrible and horrible experimentation is done in the name of science.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Only in ''Scary movie 3'' or ''Dude Where's My Car'' lol.Seriously,though,that is messed up.They hurt the animals and then innocent newborns.That is not Science that is torture and cruelty.
Back to top Go down
Skull

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Another worthy animal-related group:

http://www.aavs.org/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Thank you,for that,Skull
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:33 pm

yes that is a good one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:09 am

I've recently started honouring and thanking the animals if I eat meat. My partner loves meat and cannot sustain without it, he cooks and I hate saying no to his food, he gets a little offended. But I do try to make sure we eat chicken or fish.
I grew up visiting my grandparents on a farm in a small village in Russia and having chickens walking around one day and having them for dinner the next was normal around there and I remember crying whenever I heard them being killed, my granmother always tried to console me and say "such is life, we need them to maintian nutrition and they are free from pain now". I just remembered how my grandmother had this hen, she had a sick foot and was with my grandmother for a long time, she called her "old lady" because she was an old lady just like her and I remember hearing that I teared up and I still do to this day for some reason.
I remember when I saw a card from RSPCA and it had a picture of a dog with the most beautiful eyes and there was a caption which said "Why must people do unspeakable things to me? Is it because I don't have voice". I cried for several hours that day and I still cannot think about it without intense emotions.
Eating meat was always a conflicitng point for me, but reading this has put things in perspective. Soon enough I will give up eating meat, as I am sure my body doesn't need it anymore
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:22 am

i was a vegetarian for many years but became very ill, and was told i needed protein, so i went back to chicken, fish, and turkey. i don't ear red meat, pork, or veal. i usually have mostly vegetarian but i too was conflicted and told my teacher eloise hart. she said at this point in your evolvement you need to eat this so do not feel guilty. i always say a blessing and thank the animal. i am still ambivalent about this and probably will always be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:01 am

Yeah, me too. I was told I get iron deficency a lot and needed red meat for blood circulation when I was 17, I just took iron suppelments and did not touch meat for years until later.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:08 am

i will only eat from animals that are humanely grown and killed., although that does not make it better.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 3:04 am

At the moment I am pescetarian(is that the right word?), but slowly becoming a vegetarian. It's not too hard for me, as my body doesn't crave meat or deems it essential for my health and that's lucky, because I never liked the idea of eating meat and how they treat animals at those horrid slaughter houses. Animals are pure and gentle souls, who lean on us to take care of them and I feel like we completely betrayed them as a human race. Crying or Very sad I wish I had all the money in the world, I'd build shelters all over it and try to save all the animals in need of help.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 6:13 am

I too am slowly leaning off meat, have turned my back on beef veal pork, but still eat chicken fish eggs and milk. My Theosophy teacher said when the time is right it will happen do not force it. After seeing what goes on in the slaughter houses I want to protect all animals as much as I can. I have gotten in trouble for being an activist but I will fight for the helpless until I am no more.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 7:42 am

Emma wrote:
I too am slowly leaning off meat, have turned my back on beef veal pork, but still eat chicken fish eggs and milk. My Theosophy teacher said when the time is right it will happen do not force it. After seeing what goes on in the slaughter houses I want to protect all animals as much as I can. I have gotten in trouble for being an activist but I will fight for the helpless until I am no more.

I too belong to a few animal rights groups. We need more people like you in the world, so many don't seem to care or even contemplate just how much pain and damage animals are being caused on a daily basis. It pains my heart to see some of the things I've seen. Sad
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:42 am

I always thought that I eventually would be desensitized to the pain and suffering so I could do even more, but I shed tears every day for the fur children who are tortured and abused at the hands of these cruel sub humans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meat Eating   Meat Eating - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meat Eating
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path of Light  :: Topics in Theosophy :: Issues in Theosophy-
Jump to: