The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

addictions..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:12 pm

What does the path say about them? How do you handle them?
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:53 am

ah ha, good question. theosophist believe in reincarnation so they feel if you do not clear it up in this life, you must clear it up before your lives are over. they do not believe in rehab, AAA, or any one helping you, it must be done on one's own otherwise you will relapse back either in this life or the next. as one takes responsibility for one's failures, and actions, the higher self begins to take over.
Back to top Go down

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 pm

I never believed in AA.They aren't even professionals and they blame an illness and say you never get better.So,you have to keep going back to them.It's like one giant cult.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:22 pm

QueenBeeBeeMarie wrote:
I never believed in AA.They aren't even professionals and they blame an illness and say you never get better.So,you have to keep going back to them.It's like one giant cult.

if you noticed most of the people relapse, and it is because they did not do it themselves.
Back to top Go down

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Yes,AA has a long list of people and they tried to keep that list a secret.They claim now that it is not their fault or the person's that the person was either unwilling or unable to follow the program.I call BS on that.These people have to fight the addiction themselves.You can have as much support or no support as you want but,you have to have enough discipline and strength to tell yourself NO at the end of the day.Bottom line all addiction is,is a strong craving for something.So,if you can say no to that craving then,the addiction is gone.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:40 pm

yes that is true.
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 pm

your convictions are true to the point

people before they incarnate map out their life' path and a addiction maybe part of that path a learning experience

so if we are programed with the addiction we have two choices to stay addicted or to clean our act up, when we clean our act up it is meant to do it with a support system of some kind, but not to have other people or addictions take over to replace the ones we are trying to overcome.

these addictions that we have can be from many previous lives that were never cleared from the system the cellular make up that we were incarnated with in this incarnation

is it a disease some believe it truly is

people are going from one addiction to another relying on the support system of other but the program has strict rules and even inflict fear into the person and verifying by stating the they are inflicted with a addiction " Hello name is John and I am a Addict " by saying this daily and then weekly you are telling the body affirming hat you are this

the battle to over come this lies with in is to ever come the addiction and even the codepency to what ever it is drugs, alcohol what ever it maybe

when the person clears this addiction from there make up it is then gone not masked by the on going to meeting not have o be relived in the next life time

me I went for the coffee
Back to top Go down

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:42 pm

I never thought about it that way, but, you are right, Frater O M. When these people go to these meetings and stand up and say their names and then say, "I am an addict," day after day, week after week, what they are actually doing is affirming they are an addict.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:15 pm

yes that is true.
Back to top Go down

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:05 am

Boy, was I happy to see this topic...Addictions have been the bane of my existence for years, I even remember being 9-10 and actually knowing that I will be an addict despite knowing how bad it is for a person. I guess this is the lesson I need to learn and I know it has to be this life. I am getting there. But not seeing myself as an "addict" always worked better than the "poor pitiful me, I have an illness" approach. When I see it more and more as a lesson and test it becomes easier and easier to break away.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 am

it is good you understand that is the basis for clearing an addiction. we theosophist have been called cold and unfeeling because of this belief but once a person understands where we are coming from and how it all relates they change their mind.
Back to top Go down

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 am

Emma wrote:
it is good you understand that is the basis for clearing an addiction. we theosophist have been called cold and unfeeling because of this belief but once a person understands where we are coming from and how it all relates they change their mind.
I think they most likely seek sympathy instead of understanding. I used to think that was what I wanted until I made myself even sicker by getting it from people. If one keeps getting patted on the back for being such a "brave little soldier" they will never actually become brave nor soldiers.
I seek guidance, understanding and truth in my path, anything in its way will have to be dealt with by just letting it go, otherwise there is no point even going on such path. This is the best advice/opinions I've heard on the topic and it will help me even more
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:31 am

alyssalucis wrote:
Emma wrote:
I think they most likely seek sympathy instead of understanding. I used to think that was what I wanted until I made myself even sicker by getting it from people. If one keeps getting patted on the back for being such a "brave little soldier" they will never actually become brave nor soldiers.
I seek guidance, understanding and truth in my path, anything in its way will have to be dealt with by just letting it go, otherwise there is no point even going on such path. This is the best advice/opinions I've heard on the topic and it will help me even more

i am glad it is helping you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

addictions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: addictions..   addictions.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

addictions..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path of Light  :: Topics in Theosophy :: Issues in Theosophy-
Jump to: