The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Is Theosophy?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:55 am

Theosophy is a combination or Philosophy, Science and Religion. It is founded on the principles of Universal Brotherhood, that all men and women are created equal. It has members who are Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, and Satanists. Theosophy is the Wisdom-Religion . By becoming a Theosophist one is essentially on the path to becoming a God, through teachings, meditations, life lessons, and listening to the still small voice within. One does stumble on Theosophy by accident, as Theosophy does not look for Disciples, but men and women search for Theosophy through a longing and a yearning to find a truth that is higher than any esoteric knowledge given.. Theosophy is not for every one as it takes years as a Chela to connect not only with the God within but the Masters that live and teach in the Astral. It will awaken powers within that you never thought possible, and will awaken not only the Kundalini but psychic abilities that have laid dormant for many years. You find Theosophy it does not find you, and you only find it when you are ready to embark upon a long but wonderful journey. We are all Children of Gods, and Theosophy connects you to the powers that have eluded you for ages. The Golden Dawn is rooted in Theosophy. The Theosophical goals are as follows:

* To diffuse among men a knowledge of the laws inherent in the universe;
* to promulgate the knowledge of the essential unity of all that is, and to demonstrate that this unity is fundamental in nature;
* to form an active brotherhood among men;
* to study ancient and modern religion, science, and philosophy;
* to investigate powers innate in man.

The Theosophical society was founded by HP Blavatsky and others in 1875. H P Blavatsky is one of the greatest occultists that ever lived with powers far beyond what one ever dreams of acquiring. . She was quoted by Dion Fortune, Gerald Mathers, Israell Regardie, and Crowley. Her occult knowledge surpassed most Western occultists. The goal is to become far beyond what normal man is and to become a God. . By studying Theosophy you will embark on a wonderful journey, that will be rewarding in many ways. Remember :Satyat Nasti paro dharma , which means "There is no Religion higher than truth!"
Back to top Go down
Skull

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:33 pm

One of the first articles by Helena Blavatsky was given this very title.

http://www.blavatsky.net/blavatsky/arts/WhatIsTheosophy.htm
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:49 am

QueenBeeMarie, we will discuss this more as time goes on but i thought you would be interested in this article from sunrise.

Review Article
"With malice toward none, with charity for all"
By Sarah Belle Dougherty

William Quan Judge (1851-1896) was one of the principal founders of the Theosophical Society, along with Helena Blavatsky and Henry Olcott. All three maintained that the Society grew from the efforts of a network of sages or spiritually-advanced teachers, some of whom communicated with and taught them and others. In 1894, three years after Blavatsky's death, Annie Besant formally charged Judge with misusing the handwriting and signatures of two of these sages in his correspondence, charges he denied absolutely. She further said that these very sages had told her to pursue this action. At that time Judge was Vice-President of the TS, head of its American Section, and co-head of its Esoteric Section; Besant was head of its European Section and co-head of the Esoteric Section. One official bringing a charge which, if upheld, would lead to the expulsion of the other was bound to cause conflict in the Society. In 1895 this Judge Case split the TS into two international organizations.

Annie Besant, H. S. Olcott, and W. Q. Judge in London after Blavatsky's death

The Judge Case, a large-format book paged as two volumes in one [The Judge Case: A Conspiracy which Ruined the Theosophical Cause by Ernest E. Pelletier, Edmonton Theosophical Society, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 2004; ISBN 0968160239, 71 photographs, 1,007 pages, hardcover, $95.00], brings together information and documents bearing on Judge and the Judge Case. It is not aimed at the general public, nor is it a tidy, predigested history. Rather, it is a resource for readers interested in exploring these events and coming to their own conclusions. It has a strong point of view, however, since the author undertook the work to vindicate Judge and try to restore his standing in the larger theosophical movement. [Interestingly, although an independent theosophical organization since 1995, the publisher, the Edmonton Theosophical Society, was from its inception in 1911 until 1992 part of the Theosophical Society that followed Annie Besant.]

Seeking "to present the issues, as they unfolded, by using direct quotations from as many original sources as possible" (1:xv), the author begins with over 300 pages of chronology in table form, containing quotes and their sources, in order to present the flow of events. Included are biographical sketches of forty prominent figures, also accessible through an index. Next an historical sketch by the author, over 100 pages long, narrates Judge's theosophical career, concentrating on various controversies. Part 2 contains documents organized into ten appendices covering such subjects as the Judge Case, the Prayag Letter, TS organizational history, and Judge's Diaries and Katherine Tingley. These articles, reports, letters, pamphlets, circulars, newspaper items, charters, etc., are not exhaustive. However, they give the reader access to a great deal of the material available to people when these events unfolded, as well as to private correspondence and later opinions of some of those involved.

But what is the value to us of this material, most of it more than a century old? Looking through The Judge Case, certain causes of the conflict stand out: personal differences, resentments, misunderstandings, and bad judgment; emphasis on communications and orders from occult sages, considered as authoritative; and, above all, a lack of generosity of spirit and brotherhood in the face of disagreements and accusations. In the end, it was this last factor that made it impossible for the Society to continue as one body.

It is always a challenge for people to cooperate, particularly in something they care about deeply. Supporters of causes inevitably differ about ideology, methods of organization, and means of achieving goals; they have their personal likes and dislikes, faults and blind spots. And everyone makes mistakes. With self-discipline and humility it is possible nonetheless to work together -- in the oneness of our hearts when we are outwardly divided -- in the case of the Theosophical Society, to form the nucleus of a universal brotherhood of humanity. Just as the sun shining on the ocean creates a path to it for each observer, wherever he may be and wherever he may move, so we can advance toward common goals along our own lines, while appreciating that others are contributing along theirs. If we find fault, let it be with ourselves and our own views and activities, rather than with others. By actively cultivating charity for all with malice toward none, eventually our actions and reactions will reflect compassion and lack self-righteousness even when we disagree, conflict, or part ways. For on the most fundamental level our fellow human beings are ourselves.

(From Sunrise magazine, August/September 2005; copyright © 2005 Theosophical University Press)
Back to top Go down

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 am

Thank you for that,Madame Isabella.
The ending was so beautifully written.
Back to top Go down

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks for this thread because it has opened my eyes to all this. I will say that Theosophy is an religion that is followed by the most magickal minded of people.
Thanks for making me a student. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:03 pm

you are welcome.
Back to top Go down
passingcloud
Teacher
Teacher
passingcloud

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:56 pm

How does one become a chela as a Theosophist?
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:37 am

you find a teacher either through the theosophical society or in person. you dedicate your life to theosophy and study for seven years and if and it is a small if you stick to it live as a theosophist you will be initiated in the astral for three days and will be an adept, but it has to be dedication, love for all, and the will to see it through. i have never had a student who can stick with theosophy the teachings and words written in parables, and the contact with the masters and deceased teachers become to much and they are afraid to go on. For every ten that study maybe one continues.
Back to top Go down

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:49 am

theosophy is a way of life. one must be 100% sure of wanting to walk this path, it is hard and complex. i would love to take it one day when i am ready and pure of the soul, but it will take me a long time, but better take ages than skip paths all the time, that way one will never get anywhere
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:14 am

correct. the first seven years i almost quit a few times. my teachers were so understanding and gave me a lot of freedom and put up with me taking breaks. the most wonderful part was when the head of the TS society asked me to be a fellow, i was so moved i was walking on cloud nine for a few days. even then i questioned her sanity. lol.
Back to top Go down

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:31 am

well, they do not call you "little blavatsky" for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:50 am

what is interesting is my first teacher nicknamed me that and when he retired eloise hart my next teacher started calling me the name name. i would say real tiny Blavatsky because i am not in the same league as Madame.
Back to top Go down

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:15 am

thank you for this information and i would like to learn and know more about Theosophy.
Back to top Go down
passingcloud
Teacher
Teacher
passingcloud

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:31 am

I feel such a strong calling but first I want to complete the tasks I've put in front of me because if I can't even do that there's no way I'll be able to follow up with such a challenging path
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:07 pm

take your time and you will know when you are ready.
Back to top Go down

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 am

i find it so amazing that your teacher was eloise hart, her writing tugs on my hearstrings, it is so beautiful.
and theosophy is something i will make my way of life, but i cannot disappoint so many wise masters who sacrificed themselves for us, by picking it up and dropping it when distracted. i want to be dedicated 100%
and emma? you have her sense of humor. i love it.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:15 pm

we still keep in touch, sometimes i get mad at her because i ask her a question and she says figure it out. lol she gave me permission to teach the courses. in theosophy if you do not give credit the masters will take your powers away as with all serious teachings.
Back to top Go down

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:22 pm

theosophy is sacred and should never be taught by those who haven't a clue. i think the punishment should be applicable to all magick and imitating masters/role-playing should be punishable by removing their ability to speak, that'll kill them because that's all they do
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:35 pm

you are so right, i know a few who should and will lose their powers.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 1:51 am

I heard Madame was greatly persecuted and badmouthed by many horrible people, it pains me to know just how terrible some can get just because they refuse to understand or appreciate others. Jealousy is an ugly thing, I think that was probably the main reason behind their smear campaign.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:46 am

maydaygeek wrote:
I heard Madame was greatly persecuted and badmouthed by many horrible people, it pains me to know just how terrible some can get just because they refuse to understand or appreciate others. Jealousy is an ugly thing, I think that was probably the main reason behind their smear campaign.
One hundred years later she was proven innocent and acquitted of all the charges slanders and lies. She will never incarnate again, she is in the astral and the halls of learning.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Emma wrote:
maydaygeek wrote:
One hundred years later she was proven innocent and acquitted of all the charges slanders and lies. She will never incarnate again, she is in the astral and the halls of learning.

My guess is that you've been to the halls of learning and met Madame. Is she as magnificent as her works? I'd imagine so. I don't blame her for not deciding to reincarnate again, I don't want to either...there's just so much pain in this world.
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 1:57 am

Yeah Emma has met H P B and went through the three days of the initiation.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 am

Wow! How amazing and what a great experience. I hope I'll get to hear a little about that one day.
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:32 pm

I think she will oblige when she gets through her own fire ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What Is Theosophy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Theosophy?   What Is Theosophy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Is Theosophy?
Page 1 of 1