The Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Empty
PostSubject: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 am

The chief difficulty which prevents men of science from believing in divine as well as in nature Spirits is their materialism.
H. P. Blavatsky

i also think unless a scientist can see, smell, or touch it, then it is not real to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:14 pm

I agree and that is my issue with Science.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:50 pm

oh i have big issues with science, even though Theosophy combines Philosophy, Religion and Science it is a far cry fron what most would think of as religion or science.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:54 pm

It seems to be.I like everything I have learned so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:46 pm

i have severe issue with science. it has gone so badly downhill and has not evolved one bit ever since it disconnected itself from the mysteries of life. there is no longer any inspiration behind their research, except for financial gain or recognition. it's sad
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 2:47 am

the old saying money is the root of all evil is true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:40 am

amen to that one. i just can't believe how people do not realise that it's not going to bring them a peace of mind. they keep buying more stuff and with every buy they feel emptier, but they still insist on buying more. when will it be a time when they stop and say "wait a second here, maybe we should try something different? maybe money is not helping, but making it worse"? but then again i already know why they do not wish to change, as they are comfortable and no one wants to let go of comfort. it's almost like an addiction, where a person doesn't want to cut back because it'll make them sick. so now we have a world which is filled with people who whine about how bad everything is because they comrehend on some level that something isn't right and hasn't been in a long time now, they whine but do not do anything about bringing in changes, because they are still comfortable enough and not wanting to risk their lifestyles. i guess the saying "when you have nothing, you have nothing to lose" is also very true.
but this is what i find so amazing about theosophy, it combines religion and science and many other subjects which gives birth to the truth as per my understanding. how can one solve a puzzle if they only agree to take less than quarter of the pieces? and the way religious people and atheist constantly mock one another and just refuse to even listen to a different perspective makes both of the groups look as bad as each other. it's just sad as they are missing so much, but oh well, it is their loss in the end
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:14 am

what i tell people who do not understand theosophy and say to me oh it's a religion, i say it is a religion a science and the philosophy of the Gods. there is a big difference in that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 am

people mix it up with theology. all the terms they use to pidgenhole everything are confusing them , because labeling something before even attempting to understand it only limits them in the end.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:10 am

we have people from all walks of life, even Christians who believe there has to be more and are questioning the truth of the personal god.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:57 am

Emma wrote:
The chief difficulty which prevents men of science from believing in divine as well as in nature Spirits is their materialism.
H. P. Blavatsky

i also think unless a scientist can see, smell, or touch it, then it is not real to them.  

Wonderful quote and I love your comment, Emma. I agree entirely and find it to be such a shame, if they didn't limit themselves so much, we'd be a lot further in evolution than we are right now.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 6:16 am

maydaygeek wrote:
Emma wrote:
H. P. Blavatsky

Wonderful quote and I love your comment, Emma. I agree entirely and find it to be such a shame, if they didn't limit themselves so much, we'd be a lot further in evolution than we are right now.

Wonderful answer and there it is in a nut shell, Scientist limit themselves it is as if they are afraid to admit there may be more.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 7:37 am

Absolutely. I find this speech illustrates our point very well right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0c5nIvJH7w

The man doing the talking is quite an interesting author, I just finished one of his books on the supernatural and the masters he encountered in his quest for knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:46 am

I was reading some notes and they said Graham Hancock was persecuted for his beliefs because they were tinged with spirituality and religion? If this is true we have not come as far as we should.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 1:42 am

Emma wrote:
I was reading some notes and they said Graham Hancock was persecuted for his beliefs because they were tinged with spirituality and religion? If this is true we have not come as far as we should.

Unfortunately, that's true. His whole talk got taken down off TedX, which is unbelievably hypocritical of an organization priding itself on being forward-thinking. Mad
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 1:45 am

He's quite an interesting author and man in general. If you're not into using psychedelics for enhancing your mind like he did in the past, you can always look into his other works and talks on his website and youtube channel.
http://www.grahamhancock.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BrDF5WLyQs
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:40 am

I don't drink smoke or do drugs. I won't even take an aspirin. I hallucinate withouth any artificial stimulant, thank you. study
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Emma wrote:
I don't drink smoke or do drugs. I won't even take an aspirin. I hallucinate withouth any artificial stimulant, thank you.  study

Well...I don't know if you misunderstood me, but I never suggested that you have or that you ever would. I could tell from the get go that you wouldn't need crutches or assistance to get to any mind state you desire to get to. All I was saying was that even if you're not interested in his view on the psychedelics, he still has a lot to say on various topics you'd find of interest. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 1:53 am

She knew what you were saying. Emma will be off the forum for a few weeks, health problems and minor surgery or surgeries depending on the problem. Any body has any problems or questions you can pm me.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:37 am

I hope she's going to get better and goes through as little pain as possible. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:34 pm

She has been in pain for almost two months but she is assured the pain will be alleviated after the surgeries. It's hard for me seeing her tough it out and I can't do a damn thing to help her.
Back to top Go down
maydaygeek

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am

I completely understand the desperation and horrible helplessness a person feels when there is nothing they can do for their loved one in pain. But I'm sure you being there for her means the world and helps more than anything could in such a situation, leave the rest to the doctors because it's their job. You seem like a wonderful couple, how long have you two been together?
Back to top Go down
Frater O M
Admin
Admin
Frater O M

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 7:52 am

maydaygeek wrote:
I completely understand the desperation and horrible helplessness a person feels when there is nothing they can do for their loved one in pain. But I'm sure you being there for her means the world and helps more than anything could in such a situation, leave the rest to the doctors because it's their job. You seem like a wonderful couple, how long have you two been together?
We've been together 22 years married 21 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed   Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quotes Of Blavatsky And Other Theosophists To Be Discussed
Page 1 of 1